Managing Massive Multiplayer Online Games (SS 2018)
- The formula for movement under constant accelaration was corrected in the slides of chapter 3 and is now consistent with the tutorials.
- The video of course can be found at here.
- Registration in UNIWORX is open. register here
- Course: 3+2 hours weekly (equals 6 ECTS)
- Lecture: Prof. Dr. Matthias Schubert
- Assistant: Sebastian Schmoll
- Beneficial: Lecture "Knowledge Discovery in Databases I" or "Machine Learning" or other data analytics methods
- Audience: The course is directed towards master students in informatics and media informatics
- Video lectures:The video of course can be found at here.
Time and Locations
All times are c.t. (cum tempore)
|Lecture||Tue, 13,00 - 16,00 h||Room A 014 (HGB)||10.04.2018|
|Tutorial 1||Wed, 14,00 - 16,00 h||Room D Z003 (HGB)||18.04.2018|
|Tutorial 2||Wed, 16,00 - 18,00 h||Room D Z003 (HGB)||18.04.2018|
A massive multiplayer online game (MMOG) is a virtual environment which players visit for entertainment. It is often played by thousands of players at the same time and allows huge varieties of player interactions. The course treats questions of how to implement and design MMOGs in order to scale with the players while keeping the game experience on an interactive or even real-time level. This includes spatial management, client-server communication, persistency and consistences of virtual environments hosting the MMOG. A further important aspect of online games is monitoring the player experience and evaluate success strategies. This task is done by Game Analytics methods. Finally, the lecture gives an outlook on artifical intelligence which can be used to improve player interaction, develop challenging computer components or simply make the interaction with the virtual environment more interesting.
|17.04.2018||Game Core (1)||18.04.2018||Time|
|24.04.2018||Game Core (2)||25.04.2018||Space (v1.1)
Solutions for 2-3
|01.05.2018||May Day||02.05.2018||Unsupervised Learning (v1.1)
|08.05.2018||Distributed Games||09.05.2018||Homework - Solution
|26.06.2018||AI for Games||27.06.2018|
|03.07.2018||AI for Games||04.07.2018|