Knowledge Discovery in Databases II (SS 2021)
- 12/04/21: more detailed information has been sent via mail to the registered students (uni2work)
- 07/04/21: The registration is now open via Uni2Work (course link)
- The lecture will take place online. Please register via uni2work. All necessary information regarding the course can be found there.
- Umfang: 3+2 Semesterwochenstunden
- Required: Lecture "Knowledge Discovery in Databases I" or equivalent
- ECTS: 6
Time and Locations
|Lecture||Wed, 9.00 - 12.00 h||Online||14.04.2021|
In many modern application areas, data scientists face challenges which go beyond the basic techniques being introduced in the basic module Knowledge Discovery in Databases I. The module Knowledge Discovery in Databases II covers advanced techniques to handle large data volumes, volatile data streams, complex object descriptions and linked data. These topics are also known as the three major challenges (Volume, Velocity, Variety) in Big Data Analysis. The module is directed at master students being interested in developing and designing knowledge discovery processes for various types of applications. This includes the development of new data mining and data preprocessing methods as well as the ability to select the best suited established approach for a given practical challenge.