Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19 employees are advised to work from home.
Contact only via Mail.
Academic career and education
- 2016 – ongoing -- LMU Munich, chair of Database Systems and Data Mining
- 2002 – 2016 -- RWTH Aachen University, chair of Computer Science 9 (Data Management and Data Exploration)
- 2001 – 2002 -- Univ. Konstanz, Information Processing (substitute professor)
- 1993 – 2002 -- LMU Munich, Habilitation (2001) and Dr. rer. nat. (1997), with Prof. Hans-Peter Kriegel
- 1987 – 1992 -- TUM, Diplom (MSc) in computer science with economics and business administration
- at RWTH Aachen University: DFG Cluster of Excellence UMIC, SFB 686, DFG SPP Scalable Visual Analytics, BMWi Theseus, DFG SQFD, JARA, HumTec e-cosmos, AIF -- my former homepage at RWTH Aachen University
Activities and Achievements
- More than 250 publications, see my profile at DBLP and my profile at Google Scholar
- Member and former member of several scientific advisory boards, steering committees (GI FB DBIS, GI FG DB, GI FG KDML), editorial boards (VLDB Journal, DAMI/DMKD), program committees of many conference
- Co-spokesperson of master program of study in Data Science, funded by Elitenetzwerk Bayern, and of LMU’s Data Science Lab