By our research activities we advance data science, data mining, machine learning, artificial intelligence and database technologies. We aim at better supporting the analysis of huge and complex data sets from various domains including engineering, business, humanities, life sciences, etc. Both our fundamental research and our applied research inspire and support each other.
Our teaching activities aim at thorough insights into the conceptual and mathematical background of data analytics as well as practical experience in real application scenarios. We contribute by lectures, tutorials, seminars and practicals to all computer science programs at LMU and to the elite master program in Data Science.
To connect students and scientists with partners from industry, our Data Science Lab advances collaboration in the area of data science.
Current activities and involvements:
- MCML -- Munich Center for Machine Learning, funded by BMBF
- Fraunhofer ADA-Center, funded by StMWi
- Elite Master progrm in Data Science, funded by Elite Network Bavaria
- MuDS -- Munich School for Data Science @Helmholtz, TUM & LMU, funded by Helmholtz
- ZD.B Innovation lab for students Big Data Science", funded by ZD.B
- DFG SPP RATIO, funded by DFG