PhD and Postdoc Positions at University of Vienna, Austria
The new research group Data Mining at the Faculty of Computer Science is looking for highly motivated applicants for PhD or Post-Doc positions. We are offering an excellent working environment in a young, creative and international team.
- Participation in research,
- publication of the results at top-level international conferences,
- holding classes due to extent regulations of the Austrian wage agreement,
- supervision of students,
- participation in administration and external fundraising activities,
- preparation of a PhD thesis or opportunity to prepare or finalize a habilitation.
- Very good degree (PhD or M.Sc.) in Computer Science or a closely related area,
- excellent mathematical and implementation skills,
- creativity and problem solving abilities,
- ability to work in teams,
- excellent English language skills, good German language skills are highly desirable.
Additional Requirements for Postdocs:
- PhD with focus on data mining, machine learning or databases,
- strong publication record,
- leadership abilities to supervise students and PhD students.
- The possibility to work on cutting-edge reseach topics, most importantly developing technologies for mining Big Data,
- A stimulating, diverse and international research environment,
- Funded positions at one of the oldest European universities located in the heart of Vienna, one of the most livable cities in the world.
Further Information and Application:
Claudia Plant: firstname.lastname@example.org